Pizza Today Delivers!
The average pizzeria operator is a self-taught entrepreneur. They’re capable of baking an excellent pizza, but many struggle to find a profit because they don’t understand the business. Pizza Today addresses the critical needs of today’s pizzeria operator in every issue.
Pizza Today’s 2015 Reader Survey… is the most recent of our bi-annual reader survey, this is our way of confirming our editorial content is appropriately addressing the critical needs of today’s pizzeria operators. Over the years, this practice has the developed the magazine you see today. In fact, Pizza Today has won 34 TABBIE Awards over the last 6 years. In 2016, with 7 awards, Pizza Today is the leading foodservice magazine in the country and the most awarded trade magazine in the world!
Recipes, Food Prep & Safety… having come from outside the industry, most operators began with little, if any, culinary experience. Recipes are extremely important. Whether the pizzeria be a dine-in, carryout & delivery, mobile, fast casual, coal & wood-fired or a combination of them all, the recipes, amount of food prep and methods of food safety vary from one type of pizzeria to the next.
Customer service… as important as delicious pizza is to the success of a pizzeria, so is the dining experience. Whether it’s to simplify the ordering process, decrease the wait-time or to accommodate the needs of a family on their night out … a positive dining experience is all about customer service.
Marketing is what it takes to fill a restaurant with paying customers day after day … and it’s changing all the time. Remember door-hangers? Business Management… while appearing simple, specialized financial reports, selecting suppliers, proper site location and how and when to open the next location can make or break a pizzeria’s success. Employee Management… in a pizzeria is different. Scheduling? Cross training? Manager’s responsibilities and compensation? How does an owner work ON the business and not IN it? These continue to be some of the most frequently asked questions.
2015 Reader Survey confirms Pizza Today preference throughout the industry:
- 74.6% of Pizza Today’s subscribers read 4 out of 4 issues
- Pizza Today reaches more than 96,000 pizzeria personnel every month with 2.4 readers per copy.
- 91.6% are Owners, Managers or CEO/President
- Pizza Today subscribers average 40.2 minutes of readership per issue … that’s 20 minutes more than the average trade magazine!
- 57.7% of Pizza Today’s subscribers also read “the other industry publication”.
Amongst those that read both magazines…
- 79.6% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering MARKETING
- 79.9% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering BUSINESS SOLUTIONS & PRACTICES
- 76.8% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering EMPLOYEE MGMT & TRAINING
- 82.0% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering MENU EXPANSION
- 87.5% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering RECIPES
- 80.7% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering INDEPENDENT PIZZERIA REVIEWS
- 75.4% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering CHAIN PIZZERIA REVIEWS
- 72.6% believe Pizza Today does a better job covering INDUSTRY & TRENDS ANALYSIS
- 82.6% believe Pizza Today has better DESIGN & GRAPHICS
- 86.1% believe Pizza Today is EASIER TO READ
- 88.3% believe Pizza Today is more USEFUL
- 84.9% believe Pizza Today is more ACCURATE
- 88.4% believe Pizza Today has more INTEGRITY
Circulation … is only as good as its Editorial.
When describing circulation, the best analogy I can make is this; when you see a line entering a restaurant, there’s no question the food is outstanding.
Pizza Today’s circulation is the same. If the pizzeria operator takes the time to REQUEST to receive the magazine, the magazine is worth their time to read.
Based on the latest circulation auditing statements, more pizzeria operators have requested to receive Pizza Today in the last 12 months than all the other pizzeria publications in the world … combined.
Based on the latest circulation auditing statements, more pizzeria operators have requested to receive Pizza Today in the last 12 months than all the other pizzeria publications in the world combined!
Pizza Today’s Critical Circulation Facts:
Based on Publishers’ Statement 6/2016
- Total Average Monthly Print Circulation is 40,010. Unlike the competitive publication, we DO NOT use digital circulation to increase our circulation. The readership of a digital magazine cannot be compared with the same publication in print. Pizzeria operators prefer the printed publication.
- 84.3% (27,496) of the pizzeria operators who receive Pizza Today have REQUESTED to receive the magazine in the last 12 months. That’s 16,335 MORE pizzeria operators asked to receive our magazine in the last 12 months than the competitive publication.
- REQUEST circulation is the equivalent of PAID circulation. If someone receives a magazine that hasn’t been requested or paid for, there’s typically little to no interest in reading it on a regular basis.
- Pizza Today’s Business Directory circulation is limited to only 6,298 – 15.7% of the total circulation. The competitive publication uses more than twice that amount with 15,068 names, (39% of their entire circulation.)
- Call your Pizza Today representative for an audited circulation statement.